Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 11, 2014 Hebrews 8-10

December 11, 2014

Jesus work is more effective than that of the Old Testament priests!!

I know I wrote this blog, but somehow, I didn’t save it, typed over it, and lost it. What I said in this blog was pretty simple: Hebrews 8-10 describes the limited nature of the atoning work of the Old Testament priests in first the tabernacle (the movable tent in the wilderness), then the temple (the building in Jerusalem). Priests offered animal sacrifices every day for the people, and for themselves, as well. Imagine all the blood! Jesus, on the other hand, was the perfect priest. He offered a once-for-all sacrifice of himself, shedding his own blood for the sins of the whole world!

You tell me which is better.

Your fellow traveler through the New Testament,

Pastor Gary

No comments: