Wednesday, September 17, 2014

SEPTEMBER 17 - MICAH 6-7

Micah 6-7

Micah 6 takes us into a divine courtroom, for the Lord has a case against his people.


“What have I done to burden you,” God asks. “When did I forsake you? Was it in Egypt? Was it in the wilderness? Was it when Balak and Balaam were conniving against you? Do you think I only want offerings and sacrifices? No, I’ll tell you what I want; I want you to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with me” (6:3-8)!

Because they haven’t, the Lord pronounces judgment! Micah 7 describes the sad results of this judgment: misery, distrust, dishonor, and disunity. Nevertheless, God promises to bring his people into the light and back from captivity!

Micah ends with a song of praise, my favorite words of which are these, “Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance!” (7:18)

Tomorrow, we begin a stretch of 4 days, when we will read a prophet a day! Your fellow pilgrim through Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah and Haggai,

Pastor Gary

No comments: